Monday, March 11, 2013

Thursday night one of our associates and a dear friend of mine passed away.  On Wednesday he was getting in some firewood and fell.  He came to work on Thursday and said his rib cage was really hurting.  I asked him if he thought he had broken any ribs, but he said he didn't think so.  They were just sore and hurting.  He worked all day and went home in the afternoon.  After dinner and a shower, he sat down to watch TV.  His mother found him in the chair and he had died.

When he didn't come in on Friday morning, I called his home and asked if he had left for work.  His mother replied that he had died last night.  I was so shocked I really didn't know what to say.  No one had called to let us know.

This man could easily have won on any of the trivia shows on TV.  He would tell me daily more "stuff" than I could ever remember.  He loved the Washington Nationals and the Washington Redskins.  He could tell you who they traded and when and how much money was involved.  He was also a history buff and loved all aspects of previous wars.  PBS was has favorite TV channel.  Many days he told me to be sure to watch some special on PBS.

He was the mailman at our office.  You could count on him to always be willing to help you.  Always a good morning to everyone he met.  We plan to plant a tree in his memory and place a cat stepping stone beside it.  He loved his old cat Frank, who passed away several years ago.  He got a new kitten and named him Leonard, after the singer Leonard Skinner.

Everyone has had a kind word about him.  A very quiet man shall be missed by a great many people.  We were his family and we shall always keep him in our hearts.

Rest in peace, Chuck!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nancy, when I read your prayer chain email, I wasn't aware this was the man you were referring to. I'm so sorry to hear this. In my short stint working there, I ran into him frequently and he was always friendly and had a kind smile. God rest his soul.

    ReplyDelete