Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Have you ever watched how the sky can change in seconds.  This morning as Mrs. C. and I walked, we could see the fog moving in on the track through the lights.  The fog had a "spray like mist" which made our hair become damp.  As it turned into daylight, the fog began to rise above the mountains.  Looking out my kitchen window I could not see the mountains.  Within about 10 minutes, the mountains re-appeared.  Now, that was God doing His "magic" and letting me know He is in charge of ALL things, even the fog.  Here are some pictures where I captured the fog.


Fog rising from the valley

Fog covering the mountain

Fog getting ready to disappear
Fog gone, sun out, beautiful

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's beautiful! I miss that...how you can see weather on the mountains. You can see when weather's coming here but, it's a little eerie to me. The wind moves rain, clouds, etc. so quickly! I'm excited to see your quilt! You'll have to do a blog post on the process. The texture of the snow is sort of the same, sometimes light, fluffy & powdery, sometimes wet & slushy. Since it's so flat here, there's no varying temperatures according to altitude & they keep the roads pretty well kept unless there's ice. The school hasn't suffered any snow days although yesterday they got out at 2:15 due to it getting heavy & the wind making it blizzard-like. I've heard people speak of white-outs - where the wind is blowing the snow so hard you can't see. We have at least 4 inches or more on the ground now & it's been steady falling since yesterday around 1pm and continues as I speak. Weatherman's calling for snow through tonight and tomorrow, then again on Saturday. I do hope it holds off Friday b/c Charlie should be flying in from Panama and we haven't seen him in 2 weeks! The airport's only 30 min. from us, so that's nice. The roads are usually clear going to the airport b/c it's mostly all interstate. So, he shouldn't have a problem once he lands. Glad you all are able to enjoy the nice weather there! Hugs to you! Love, MK

    ReplyDelete