Friday, February 1, 2013

Today was the funeral for one of my favorite uncles.  He was 91 and had enjoyed life to the fullest.  He had been down since last summer, but still has his sense of humor.  He was my dad's brother and now there are only two uncles and one aunt still living.  My grandparents had eleven children.  One uncle and my aunt we able to make the trip to the funeral.  My other uncle has pneumonia and was advised by his doctor not come.  We sure did miss him and his family.  They are the ones who you can always count on to be at a family event.  I think there were close to fifty relatives who came to my home after the funeral.  What a great time we had talking about memories of our family.  Funerals are a way that families come together, even when it may be sad, but can be happy if we know those who have passed are now enjoying eternal life with our Jesus Christ.  May we take the time to visit family while they are alive.  The pastor spoke about not taking time to enjoy life and be with family.  I sure did enjoy seeing my aunt, uncle, cousins and other relatives.  My mom, who is going on 89, was happy to see everyone.  We had a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you had a blessed time with your family. Makes me miss mine even more! Will be working on an appliqued "quilt" for my grandma this week. Can't wait to finish it and send it to her. She's the best!

    ReplyDelete