Monday, February 18, 2013

When I first decided to do a blog, I wanted to talk about my daily walking with my friend Mrs. C.  We have been walking for about 4 years and since April of last year we start at 4:30 AM.  Our friend Mr. J also walks even earlier than us, but he is always there to "look after" us.  At Christmas we made him a DVD of a song about walking to the tune of Jingle Bells.  I thought he was going to cry when we presented to him.

Now with the winter weather, it is sometimes just too cold to walk.  We decided to get a DVD of excerising with Leslie. (Still at 4:30 AM) We started this about 2 weeks ago and we really enjoying working out.  Now, these workouts will get your heart racing and that is good for you.  This morning we did one called "Pump Your Body Up".  We had to use 2 pounds weights in each hand and do the workout.  Mrs. C. & I both could feel it in our waist line and biceps.  Our goal is to do this 3 times a week and walk the other days.  Hopefully this will get our bodies looking good and providing good health for us too.  I know for some ladies, especially those with small children, it is hard to get up and out so early.  But, this time of excerise does start the day off right and just makes you happy.  I never thought I could or would do this, but I am here to say it works.  And the most important aspect is the close friendship I have with Mrs. C.  We're two peas in a pod.



No comments:

Post a Comment